As the 2019 summer construction season passes its midpoint, the Office of University Planning, Design & Construction, Facilities Operations and other key departments continue to coordinate efforts and identify areas of campus where improvements will be made to our buildings, infrastructure and grounds.
Due to logistics and activities associated with those improvements, traffic patterns in the following districts will be directly impacted:
Auditorium Road & Extension Closed August 2019 through Fall 2020
- No thru traffic between North Eagleville Road and Jorgensen Road
- Temporary closure in late July for 4-5 days
Portion of Jim Calhoun Way Closed Now through Summer 2020
- Closed between Freitas Ice Forum and Alumni Drive – No thru traffic from Separatist Road to Hillside Road
- Access to Lot I via Separatist Road
- Bus, special event & game traffic routing through Hilltop Apartments when necessary
Portion of Horsebarn Hill Road Extension Closed throughout Summer
- No thru traffic between CT-195 and Horsebarn Hill through early August
Portion of Hillside Road Alternating Direction throughout Summer
- Occasional delays between Gilbert Road and Fairfield Way through mid-August
Coventry Road & Maple Lane Closed throughout Summer
- No thru traffic between Mansfield Road and Bolton Road through mid-August
- Access to Lot S from Bolton Road via Alethia Drive – Follow signs
Project names, locations and anticipated schedules, as well as additional information on these and other campus roads, are shown on these maps. Construction sites and traffic patterns are subject to change however updates will be published monthly, or more regularly when the significance of those changes warrant.
We thank you for your patience and appreciate your understanding while we work to improve our campus facilities.
For more information, please contact Sean Vasington at firstname.lastname@example.org