Month: September 2019
Construction Update | Fall 2019
With the 2019-20 academic year underway and the summer construction season behind us, only a few significant projects will continue into the fall semester. University Planning, Design & Construction, Facilities Operations and other key departments are coordinating efforts to minimize impacts to daily campus life.
The following districts will be impacted by construction activities:
PROJECT: Improvements to Pharmacy-Chemistry-Engineering Science Quadrangle
Limited Parking and Restricted Access through Mid-October 2019
- Changes to pedestrian circulation patterns – follow signs and safety personnel instructions
PROJECT: Renovations to Gant Science Complex
Auditorium Road & Extension Closing Mid-October through Fall 2020
- No thru traffic between North Eagleville Road and Jorgensen Road
- Pedestrian detours around North Garage or through Gant Science Complex
PROJECT: New Performance Center and Stadia for Soccer, Baseball and Softball
Portion of Jim Calhoun Way Closed Now through Summer 2020
- Jim Calhoun Way closed between Freitas Ice Forum and Alumni Drive
- No access to core campus from Separatist Road – only Lot I and Freitas Ice Forum
- Bus, special event & game traffic routing through Hilltop Apartments when necessary
PROJECT: New Production Facility for School of Fine Arts
Coventry Road Closed through mid-November 2019
- No thru traffic between Mansfield Road and Bolton Road
- Access to Lot S from Bolton Road via Maple Lane or Alethia Drive – Follow signs
Traffic patterns and road closures are subject to change however updates will be published when the significance of those changes warrant.
We thank you for your patience and appreciate your understanding while we work to improve our campus facilities.
For more information, please contact Sean Vasington at email@example.com