As the 2019 summer construction season enters its final weeks, the Office of University Planning, Design & Construction, Facilities Operations and other key departments continue to coordinate efforts in order to prepare campus for the return of our students.
Due to logistics and activities associated with improvements will be made to our buildings, infrastructure and grounds, traffic patterns in the following districts will be directly impacted:
Auditorium Road & Extension Closed Now through Fall 2020
- No thru traffic between North Eagleville Road and Jorgensen Road
- Pedestrian detours around North Garage or through Gant Science Complex
Portion of Jim Calhoun Way Closed Now through Summer 2020
- Closed between Freitas Ice Forum and Alumni Drive – No thru traffic from Separatist Road to Hillside Road
- Access to Lot I via Separatist Road
- Bus, special event & game traffic routing through Hilltop Apartments when necessary
Portion of Horsebarn Hill Road Extension Closed throughout Summer
- No thru traffic between CT-195 and Horsebarn Hill through mid-August
- Road will be renamed Manter Road upon reopening
Portion of Hillside Road Alternating Direction throughout Summer
- Occasional delays between Gilbert Road and Fairfield Way through mid-August
Mansfield Road Alternating Direction in Early August
- Alternating direction and partial closure anticipated for 3 days/nights
Coventry Road & Maple Lane Closed into Fall Semester
- No thru traffic between Mansfield Road and Bolton Road through mid-November
- Access to Lot S from Bolton Road via Maple Road Extension or Alethia Drive – Follow signs
Project names, locations and anticipated schedules, as well as additional information on these and other campus roads, are shown on these maps. Construction sites and traffic patterns are subject to change however updates will be published monthly, or more regularly when the significance of those changes warrant.
Several changes to parking and shuttles are also anticipated by the beginning of the academic year. Parking and Transportation Services has posted a parking map online, along with the new fall 2019 bus schedule.
We thank you for your patience and appreciate your understanding while we work to improve our campus facilities.
For more information, please contact Sean Vasington at firstname.lastname@example.org