As the 2019 summer construction season ends, the Office of University Planning, Design & Construction, Facilities Operations and other key departments continue to coordinate efforts in order to prepare campus for move-in weekend.
Traffic patterns in the following districts will continue to be impacted during the beginning of the 2019-20 academic year:
Auditorium Road & Extension Closing Mid-October through Fall 2020
- No thru traffic between North Eagleville Road and Jorgensen Road
- Pedestrian detours around North Garage or through Gant Science Complex
Portion of Jim Calhoun Way Closed Now through Summer 2020
- Jim Calhoun Way closed between Freitas Ice Forum and Alumni Drive
- No access to core campus from Separatist Road – only Lot I and Freitas Ice Forum
- Bus, special event & game traffic routing through Hilltop Apartments when necessary
Maple Lane Reopens August 23rd; Coventry Road Closed into Fall Semester
- No thru traffic between Mansfield Road and Bolton Road through mid-November
- Access to Lot S from Bolton Road via Maple Lane or Alethia Drive – Follow signs
Traffic patterns and road closures are subject to change however updates will be published monthly, or more regularly when the significance of those changes warrant.
Several changes to parking and shuttles are also anticipated by the beginning of the academic year. Parking and Transportation Services has posted a parking map online, along with the new fall 2019 bus schedule.
We thank you for your patience and appreciate your understanding while we work to improve our campus facilities.
For more information, please contact Sean Vasington at firstname.lastname@example.org